Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Love myself!

I just got done with watching Oprah, and very inspired. It was the first show of the oprah's best life series, I'm planning on watching the rest of the shows this whole week, I think you should too. If you have seen the show today, they were just talking about how Oprah 's weight struggles, yes ,I can relate to that, (not a lot of women are happy with their weight anyway, espeically after two kids!) but that wasn't what drew my attention. After hearing Oprah said, "When you love yourself enough, you take care of yourself." " we give ourselves as much love and support as we give to others." It really got me thinking, "Yes! I should take care of myself better."

As a mother, I feel that it is my responsibility to care for my children's needs before my needs. As a wife, I feel that I should also take care of my husband's need as much as I could before giving myself a break. I often found myself having the first bite of food around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I don't remember when was the last time I have a break from the children or having my "alone" time, and I noticed that I have been very short of patience with my family. Believe or not, I threatened my three year old son I was going to kick him out of my house because he bit his little sister! With all the stress in our lives right now (remodeling, job changing, dealing with my green card status), I feel like I'm going to lose it!

After the show, I asked myself "what do I really want for myself?" Happiness was the first thing came to my mind. I want to be a better mom, a loving mom who doesn't yell at her kids; I want to learn a better way to deal with stress. Yes! Those are the main things I want for myself, and now I really need to think hard to come up with a game plan, any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment