Monday, June 7, 2010

Chinese Food Rookies

Last week, I had the privilege to help couple high school kids for their school fair, they asked me to teach them some authentic Chinese dishes. I love teaching people about making Chinese food, especially young people. Being very honestly, I had my doubt when I first met "my apprentices". They didn't know what shallot was, and couple of them are vegetarian who didn't even try most of the dish I made for them. Really, I didn't think they could pull it off.
When I was helping them yesterday, I got to know them a little better, I'm impressed by their dedication and the decision to do the best they can. At that moment, I knew they will be just fine.
After going to the fair today, I'm so proud of my apprentices, they really came a long way.
Here is their final products:


There are: Potato Chicken, Satay chicken, pot stickers, Chow Fun with Veggie. Everything tastes great, even my kids ate some. (That meant a lot!)

Good Job David, Katie and Andrea!!! A++++ for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment